Where?We are looking for volunteers for the following areas:
• Mile 13: Tower Hill/ Shadwell
• Mile 25: Embankment
• Finish Line: St James’s Park
When?Sunday 22nd April, from 9.30am.
Shift times are flexible. Any time you are able to give will be greatly appreciated!
What will you be doing?
As Volunteer Cheerer, you’ll perform the following tasks:
• Stand on the side-lines and cheer on our runners as they pass by!
• Contribute to the exciting atmosphere!
• Have fun!
Why do we need you?
The iconic Virgin Money London Marathon is in in 36th year. We need volunteers to add to the fun atmosphere, and to motivate our fantastic runners! If you can spare a few hours on the day then please do get in touch, along with a preference on where you would like to be.
What skills do you need?
Here’s what we think could be beneficial:
• Lots of enthusiasm
• Big smiles
• An interest in charity work
What support will you get?
We value your time and commitment and want to make sure you are enjoying volunteering with us. Full support will be given on the day from the members of staff running the event.
In a recent survey 90% of our volunteers would recommend Action on Hearing Loss as a good place to volunteer.
Here’s what our volunteers say!
“I enjoy meeting people and helping them with their queries. Hearing loss can cause frustration and isolation, leading to loss of confidence. If I’m able to improve someone’s quality of life by sharing information or raising awareness of how others can help, then that’s very satisfying.” RB
What will you gain?
Our volunteers receive the following benefits:
• Training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting people confronting deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss
• Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers
• Fulfilment– knowing that the time you provide will make a real difference to the people we support, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
• Expenses – all reasonable expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy
• Opportunity to try other volunteering roles locally with Action on Hearing if available
You may need to be able to travel locally, whether by car or public transport. All reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed, according to the Action on Hearing Loss Travel and Subsistence Policy.
Thanks for taking the time to read these details. Ready to apply for this role? Excellent!
Please get in contact for an informal chat and to find out the next steps.