Where?At the Action on Hearing Loss Cheer Point in Victoria Park - London (exact location TBC).
Sunday 8th December 2019
As a member of our Cheer Squad, your role will be to stand at our cheer point on the side lines and spur on on all of the runners – particularly our team! Plus just soak up the exciting atmosphere and have a great time!
What will you be doing?
We need volunteers to add to the fun atmosphere, and to motivate our fantastic runners! If you can spare a few hours on the day, then please do get in touch.
Why do we need you?
Here’s what we think could be beneficial:
What skills do you need?
• Lots of enthusiasm
• Big smiles
• An interest in charity work
We value your time and commitment and want to make sure you are enjoying volunteering with us. Full support will be given on the day from the members of staff running the event.
What support will you get?
In a recent survey, 92% of our volunteers would recommend Action on Hearing Loss as a good place to volunteer
Here’s what our volunteers say!
“I enjoy meeting people and helping them with their queries. Hearing loss can cause frustration and isolation, leading to loss of confidence. If I’m able to improve someone’s quality of life by sharing information or raising awareness of how others can help, then that’s very satisfying.” RB
Our volunteers receive the following benefits:
What will you gain?
• Training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting people confronting deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss
• Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers
• Fulfilment– knowing that the time you provide will make a real difference to the people we support, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
• Expenses – all reasonable expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy
• Opportunity to try other volunteering roles locally with Action on Hearing Loss if available
You may need to be able to travel locally, whether by car or public transport. All reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed, according to the Action on Hearing Loss Travel and Subsistence Policy.
Thanks for taking the time to read these details. Ready to apply for this role? Excellent!
Please complete our online application form or, if you are interested and would like an informal chat, please get in touch with us. We would be delighted to hear from you.