At our head office in London, near Highbury and Islington tube station.
1-3 days a week (Monday to Friday).
What will you be doing?
As Internal Communications Volunteer, you’ll perform the following tasks:
- source, write and edit articles for the intranet and staff e-newsletter
- support in generating other intranet content including interviews, blogs and videos
- help to plan staff events including staff parties and staff briefings
- create printed communications including posters and printed newsletter for staff
- act as a point of contact for colleagues contacting the Internal Communications team including management of the shared email inbox
- help to progress our employee engagement strategy
- provide project support for the upgrade of our staff intranet.
You will help to generate create clear, effective and engaging content across a wide range of channels including newsletters, the staff intranet and posters. You will also help to facilitate two-way communication keeping staff and volunteers across Action on Hearing Loss up to date and giving them the opportunity to feed back. In addition, you will help to drive employee engagement across our charity.
Why do we need you?
Right now, someone among your family, friends or colleagues is affected by deafness, hearing loss or tinnitus. Perhaps you're affected yourself. By getting involved with us, you can make a difference to the lives of the 11 million people in the U.K. who have hearing loss.
What skills do you need?
Here’s what we think could be beneficial:
Essential skills and attributes:
- excellent written English
- very good verbal communication skills
- experience using Microsoft Office packages
- good IT skills
- friendly and approachable.
Desired skills and attributes:
- experience in writing (e.g. articles, newsletters, blogs)
- experience using a content management system or editing websites
- experience using photo-editing software
- experience creating video content
- experience organising events
- an interest in disability rights.
What support will you get?
We value your time and commitment and want to make sure you are enjoying volunteering with us.
In a recent survey, 92% of our volunteers would recommend Action on Hearing Loss as a good place to volunteer.
Regular support will be given by your own Volunteer Manager especially in the early stages of your role as you settle in. You will also receive informal support from other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers and staff as you work together.
Here’s what our volunteers say:
“I enjoy meeting people and helping them with their queries. Hearing loss can cause frustration and isolation, leading to loss of confidence. If I’m able to improve someone’s quality of life by sharing information or raising awareness of how others can help, then that’s very satisfying.” RB
What training is offered?
Action on Hearing Loss offers full, on-going training for all volunteers including an induction programme and further training specific to the volunteering role. This may include:
- training in understanding hearing loss
- the opportunity to attend other training relevant to the role.
What will you gain?
Our volunteers receive the following benefits:
- training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting people confronting deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss
- experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers
- fulfilment– knowing that the time you provide will make a real difference to the people we support, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
- expenses – all reasonable expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy
- opportunity to try other volunteering roles locally with Action on Hearing if available.
You may need to be able to travel locally, whether by car or public transport. All reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed, according to the Action on Hearing Loss Travel and Subsistence Policy.
Thanks for taking the time to read these details. Ready to apply for this role? Excellent!
Please complete our online application form or, if you are interested and would like an informal chat, please get in touch with us. We would be delighted to hear from you.
Call: 01273 840960