About the RoleVolunteers can support the Fundraising team in a variety of different ways, this includes attending bucket collections, organising their own fundraising activity or providing office-based support to the team. You can give as much or as little time as you want to this role.
You'll be directly supporting people with a hearing loss through the donations we receive and will be given an official t-shirt and any collection materials necessary. Support will be provided by our fundraising executives and there is no responsibility for counting and banking of monies. Out of pocket expenses will be paid according to Action on Hearing Loss policy.
BenefitsWhat will you gain by becoming a volunteer for us?
• Gain direct hands-on experience of raising money to help over 575,500 people with hearing loss in Wales and knowing that your efforts will make a real difference.
• Gives you a direct experience of community fundraising
• Training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting people who are deaf, have a hearing loss or tinnitus
• Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other volunteers
• Fulfilment – knowing that the information you provide will make a real difference to those who receive it, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
• Expenses – all expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed, according to our Expenses policy
• Opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss.
TransportYou can support this role in your local area, so transport may not be required but should you need to travel, expenses will be reimbursed, according to our Travel and Subsistence policy.
To apply or for more information, please contact the Volunteering Team, alternatively you can complete our online application.
Telephone: 02920 333034 or 07908 226748 (call or SMS)
Post: Volunteering, Action on Hearing Loss Cymru, Anchor Court, Keen Road, Cardiff, CF24 5JW