To work closely with a ‘#DontLoseTheMusic Concert Volunteer Team Leader’ to activate the charity’s #DontLoseTheMusic campaign by attending
concerts to hand out earplugs and collect donations for ponchos, wristbands and mobile phone pop sockets.
All funds raised will support Action on Hearing Loss’s vital services and make a life changing difference to deaf and hard of hearing people in your local area and throughout Northern Ireland.
• Activate the #DontLoseTheMusic campaign by attending concerts, distributing ear plugs and collecting donations for ponchos, wristbands and mobile phone pop sockets
• Be an ambassador for the charity in your local area
• Work closely with your ‘#DontLoseTheMusic Concert Volunteer Team Leader’, keeping them updated and aware of any issues
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and motivate people to support Action on Hearing Loss
• Knowledge of your local area and a good network of contacts in the area
• The ability to organise and motivate members of the public to attend and engage in fundraising events
Please note: This role requires manual handling. Volunteers will be required to circulate through the crowds and this will require a good level of physical fitness. We also recommend our volunteers wear earplugs which we will provide.
Training/learning needed:Action on Hearing Loss NI offers full, on-going training for all volunteers including a one-day induction programme and further training specific to the volunteering role.
The level of commitment depends on the individual volunteer and team members.
The location of this role depends on the team leader and team.
Support and supervision:
Regular 1:1 support will be given to you by the Corporate & Community Fundraising Manager.
Benefits of volunteering:
• Training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people;
• Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers;
• Fulfillment – knowing that your support at events and as an Action on Hearing Loss representative will make a real difference to those who receive it and raise deaf awareness throughout society as a whole;
• Expenses – all expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy;
• Opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss.
Some volunteers are required to complete an Access NI check. Whether or not a check will be carried out will depend on the nature of the role(s) you will undertake.
Thank you for showing an interest in volunteering with Action on Hearing Loss. If you are interested in becoming a #DontLoseTheMusic Concert Volunteer Team Member, please complete and return a volunteer application form, or contact the following if you have any questions:
Regional Volunteer Manager
Action on Hearing Loss NI
4 – 8 Adelaide Street
Belfast, BT2 8AG
Tel/text: 028 90239619
Fax: 028 90312032