This activity takes place across Northern Ireland however you are likely to be volunteering in your local area.
The level of commitment depends on the individual volunteer. An average bag pack takes about 6 hours and a collection takes approximately 4 hours. The local Collection
Coordinator will arrange a rota according to the availability of each volunteer.
- Take part in 3-4 charity collections per year in your local area
- Assist with collections at a sporting event or train/bus station or pack bags in a supermarket
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Support and supervision
The local Collection Co-ordinator will liaise with you to arrange collections and lead the team at the collection. Regular 1:1 support will also be given to you by the dedicated Fundraising Executive in your area.
Action on Hearing Loss NI offers full, on-going training for all volunteers including a one-day induction programme with optional OCN qualification. 'On the job' role specific training will also be done by your volunteer co-ordinator when you start your role.
- Training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people
- Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers
- Fulfillment – knowing that your support at events and as an Action on Hearing Loss representative will make a real difference to those who receive it and raise deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
- Expenses – all expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy
- Opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss
Some volunteers are required to complete an Access NI check as some roles may include working with vulnerable adults. Whether or not a check will be carried out will depend on the nature of the role(s) you will undertake.
Thanks for considering volunteering with us. If you're interested in this role, please complete the online application form.
Feel free to get in touch first if you have any questions.
Tel/text: 028 90239619
Fax: 028 90312032