Outside Barbican Underground Station
Tuesday 17 July, between 10am and 5pm. Shift times on the day are flexible, depending on your availability.
What will you be doing?
Help us raise vital funds for our work by encouraging passers-by to donate any loose change they have to our cause through this bucket collection at various London Underground stations. By taking part you'll be showing your support for the 11 million people living with hearing loss, deafness and tinnitus in the UK. If you've got just a couple of hours free why not come along, help make a difference and do something good.
Why do we need you?
Collections raise valuable funds, reaching members of the public who may not donate through a direct debit or other methods. These collections are a great way to raise awareness of our charity and to remind people of how fortunate they are to be able to hear music, the voices of those they love and so much more.
What skills do you need?
- lots of enthusiasm
- big smiles
- a desire to make a difference!
Please note that this opportunity involves standing outside for the duration of the event.
What support will you get?
You’ll receive support on the day from our wonderful staff who always want to make the experience as enjoyable as possible.
In a recent survey, 92% of our volunteers said they would recommend Action on Hearing Loss as a good place to volunteer. Here’s what our volunteers say:
"I enjoy meeting people and helping them with their queries. Hearing loss can cause frustration and isolation, leading to loss of confidence. If I’m able to improve someone’s quality of life by sharing information or raising awareness of how others can help, then that’s very satisfying." RB
What will you gain?
Our volunteers receive the following benefits:
- training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting people confronting deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss
- experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers
- fulfilment– knowing that the time you provide will make a real difference to the people we support, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
- expenses – all reasonable expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy
- opportunity to try other volunteering roles locally with Action on Hearing if available.
You may need to be able to travel locally, whether by car or public transport. All reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed, according to the Action on Hearing Loss Travel and Subsistence Policy.
Thanks for taking the time to read these details. Ready to apply for this role? Excellent!
Please complete our online application form or, if you are interested and would like an informal chat, please get in touch with us. We would be delighted to hear from you.
Call: 01273 840960