You will be given your fundraising resources and receive instructions in our office on Adelaide Street before you start your volunteering slot. Festive attire is encouraged and a limited number of Santa hats will be provided. We will be joined by street performers to help us engage with the public and make it an enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
The Big Belfast Christmas Collection goal is to collect funds throughout Belfast City Centre on Friday 7 December. All funds raised will support Action on Hearing Loss' vital services and make a life changing difference to deaf and hard of hearing people in your local area and throughout Northern Ireland.
- assist with collection at a designated location in Belfast City Centre
- collect money and return it to the main office
- act as an ambassador for the charity.
- good communication and interpersonal skills to motivate people to support Action on Hearing Loss
- ability to work as part of a team
Minimum of 2 hours between 9am and 8pm.
Belfast City Centre – Friday 7 December 2018.
Support and supervision
Support will be provided on the day by Action on Hearing Loss Staff and regular volunteers.
All volunteers will be briefed about the one day event. This will include information on Action on Hearing Loss as well as Health and Safety, event plans and support.
Benefits of volunteering
- training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people
- experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers
- fulfillment – knowing that your support at events and as an Action on Hearing Loss representative will make a real difference to those who receive it and raise deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
- expenses – all expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy
- opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss.
Thank you for showing an interest in volunteering with Action on Hearing Loss at our Christmas 2018 Big Street Collection.
If you are interested in becoming a Collection Volunteer, please click the Apply Now button below’, or contact the following if you have any questions:
Tel/text: 028 90239619
Fax: 028 90312032
Would you like to volunteer on a regular basis? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.