The Big Belfast Christmas Collection goal is to collect funds throughout Belfast City Centre on Thursday 21st & Friday 22nd November. All funds raised will support Action on Hearing Loss’ vital Befriending service to reduce isolation and loneliness among older deaf and hard of hearing people in your local area and throughout Northern Ireland.
• Assist with collection at a designated location in Belfast City Centre• Collect money and return it to the main office
• Act as an ambassador for the charity
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to motivate people to support Action on Hearing Loss
• Ability to work as part of a team
Minimum of 2 hours commitment on:
Thursday 21st November, 6pm – 9pm
Friday 22nd November, 9am – 9pm
Support and supervision:
Support will be provided on the day by Action on Hearing Loss Staff and regular volunteers.
All volunteers will be briefed about the 1 day event. This will include information on Action on Hearing Loss as well as Health and Safety, event plans and support.
Benefits of volunteering:
• Training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people;
• Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers;
• Fulfillment – knowing that your support at events and as an Action on Hearing Loss representative will make a real difference to those who receive it and raise deaf awareness throughout society as a whole;
• Expenses – all expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy.
• Opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss.
Thank you for showing an interest in volunteering with Action on Hearing Loss at our Christmas 2019 Big Street Collection.
If you are interested in becoming a Collection Volunteer, please complete and return a volunteer application form available at bit.ly/AOHL19 or contact Callum Clark or Roz Maidment if you have any questions:
Email: email@example.com or Rosalind.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 028 9023 9619
Textphone: 028 9024 9462