Redbridge Sensory Services, 25 Bourne Court, Southend Road, Woodford Green, Essex IG8 8HD
A regular weekly commitment is required during the hours of 9-5pm and of a minimum of 3.5 hours and up per week. Actual times and days to be agreed.
- Leaflet Replenishment
- Tea and Coffee preparation for clubs
- Filing and making up files
- Taking messages
- Sending emails
- Reception duties
- Minute taking at each meeting
- Maintain, update & develop the Stakeholder Contact List and Vision Strategy Group Members distribution list
- Compile and distribute agendas, minutes and supporting documents (after approval of the Chair)
- Update the Vision Strategy Document
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills, including use of Excel spreadsheets, Word and Outlook
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to be flexible
- High level of written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to take minutes
- A genuine interest in volunteering for the charity
TransportYour own transport is not necessary
Support and supervisionRegular support will be given by your supervisor, especially in the early stages of your role as you settle in. You will also receive informal support from other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers and staff.
TrainingAction on Hearing Loss offers full, on-going training for all volunteers including a one-day induction programme and further training specific to the volunteering role.
BenefitsWhat will you gain by becoming a volunteer for Action on Hearing Loss:
- Training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people;
- Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers;
- Fulfilment – knowing that the information you provide will make a real difference to those who receive it, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole;
- Expenses – all reasonable expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed, according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy;
- Opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss
What next?Ready to apply for this role? Excellent! Please complete our online application form
Or if you are interested and would like an informal chat please get in touch with us we would be delighted to hear from you.
Call: 01273 840960