Action on Hearing Loss, BBH Building, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough PE2 6XU
4-6 hours per week during normal office hours Weekdays – 9am -5pm (flexible within this time according to the applicant’s availability) starting ASAP
This is an On Going Role
What will you be doing?
As the Access Solutions Volunteer Admin Assistant, you’ll perform the following tasks:
• Creating training packs and Post for upcoming courses
• Creating and sending training certificates to customers
• Collating and logging Training Feedback Form
• Use basic computer programs, such as Excel, Word, Outlook
• Use more specialist computer programs, such as Microsoft CRM
• Use office equipment, such as photocopier, franking machine
• Ensure tasks are completed on time or referred to the relevant colleague• Follow Action on Hearing Loss policies and regulations
Right now, someone in your family, or your friends or colleagues is affected by deafness, hearing loss or tinnitus. Perhaps you're affected yourself. By getting involved with us, you can make a difference to the lives of the 11 million people in the U.K. who have hearing loss.
How will your time make a difference?
What skills do you need?
Here’s what we think could be beneficial:
• Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, issues affecting people confronting deafness, tinnitus or hearing loss
• A genuine interest in working for charities
• Good organiser and communicator
• Good interpersonal skills
• Friendly, reliable and approachable manner
• Happy to work with a wide range of people
• Good administrative experience
• Good PC skills including the use of Microsoft Office suite
• Able to work alone/on own initiative
What support will you get?
Support will be provided by the Access Solutions Team who will train on the tasks you will undertake. 6 Weekly meetings will take place with The Team Leader
We value your time and commitment and want to make sure you are enjoying volunteering with us.
In a recent survey 90% of our volunteers would recommend Action on Hearing Loss as a good place to volunteer.
Regular support will be given by your own staff supervisor, especially in the early stages of your role as you settle in. You can also receive informal support from other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers and staff as you work together.
Here’s what our volunteers say!
“I enjoy meeting people and helping them with their queries. Hearing loss can cause frustration and isolation, leading to loss of confidence. If I’m able to improve someone’s quality of life by sharing information or raising awareness of how others can help, then that’s very satisfying.”
What training is offered?
Action on Hearing Loss offers full, on-going training for all volunteers including an induction programme and further training specific to the volunteering role. This may include:
• Training in Understanding Hearing Loss
• Volunteers also have the opportunity to attend other training relevant to their role
What will you gain?
Our volunteers receive the following benefits:
• Learning in the role – staff and other volunteers will show you the ropes and support you to develop the skills needed to deliver
• Open College Network Accredited training options – learning new skills relevant for your role, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting people confronting deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss
• Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers
• Fulfilment– knowing that the time you provide will make a real difference to the people we support, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
• Expenses – reasonable expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed in line with the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy
• Opportunity to try other volunteering roles locally with Action on Hearing if desired
You may need to be able to travel locally, whether by car or public transport. All reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed, according to the Action on Hearing Loss Travel and Subsistence Policy.
Thanks for taking the time to read these details. Ready to apply for this role?
Please complete our online application form or, if you are interested and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please feel free to get in touch.
Call: 01273 840960