1. By entering the Action on Hearing Loss weekly lottery draws (the "Weekly Lotteries" or "Weekly Lottery", as applicable), you agree to be bound by the terms & conditions set out below (the "Terms & Conditions").
2. To enter the Weekly Lottery you must be age 18 or over and live in the UK. We are not licensed to accept entries from The Channel Islands or The Isle of Man.
3. The Weekly Lotteries are marketed and promoted by The Royal National Institute for Deaf People trading as Action on Hearing Loss (Registered Charity No. 207720 (England and Wales) and SC038926 (Scotland)), a private company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales with company number 00454169 and its registered office at 1-3 Highbury Station Road, London, England, N1 1SE (the "Promoter", "us" or "we").
4. We are licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission (Licence Number: 4676).
5. The Promoter's 'qualified person' for the purposes of the Gambling Act 2005, who is responsible for the promotion of the Weekly Lotteries, is James Abbott.
6. The Weekly Lotteries are conducted by our external lottery manager, Starvale Management & Technologies Limited (the "ELM"). The ELM is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission (Licence Number: 3273).
7. The ELM will conduct, independently, the Weekly Lottery draw every Friday. Once per quarter, the Weekly Lottery will be a "Superdraw". The Superdraw takes place on the following dates: Lottery draw dates for 2020
8. There are sixteen (16) guaranteed cash prize winners for each draw. It is not possible for an entry to win more than one prize in any draw.
The prizes for Weekly Lotteries (other than the Superdraw) are detailed below:
1st prize: £500 cash X one (1) winner
2nd prize: £20 cash X five (5) winners
3rd prize: £10 cash X ten (10) winners
The prizes for the Superdraw are detailed below:
1st prize: £5,000 cash X one (1) winner
2nd prize: £20 cash X five (5) winners
3rd prize: £10 cash X ten (10) winners
9. If it is a bank holiday on the day of a draw, that draw will take place the next working day.
10. The Weekly Lottery draws (including the Superdraw) are made using a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission-approved, third-party test house.
11. Paid employees of the Promoter directly connected to the administration, promotion or management of the Weekly Lotteries and their immediate families (being, a person's parents, spouses, siblings and children), as well as paid employees, directors, officers and shareholders of the ELM are not eligible to enter the Weekly Lotteries and any entries made by such persons will be void.
12. You may purchase individual entries to the Weekly Lotteries (up to a maximum of 10 entries for any Weekly Lottery that is not a Superdraw and up to a maximum of 60 entries for any Superdraw). Additional entries may be permitted at our sole discretion. You may not use charity accounts, such as CAF or KKL, to pay for the Weekly Lotteries. The cost of an individual entry for one draw is £1.00. You must pay in advance to enter the Weekly Lotteries by paying annually, biannually, quarterly or monthly. If you choose to pay (a) annually, then the cost to you per annum will be £52; (b) biannually, then the cost to you biannually will be £26; (c) quarterly, then the cost to you per quarter will be £13; or (d) monthly, then the cost to you per month will be £4.34 per entry. Any direct debit payments will be collected by DDPay Ltd which makes an onward payment to us. DDPay Ltd is a Direct Debit origination services provider and a wholly owned subsidiary of StarVale Management & Technologies Ltd and as such is part of the StarVale group of companies.
13. You will be allocated with a unique lottery number for the purposes of your entry into the Weekly Lotteries. You will be sent your unique lottery number by post or email, and the number will be entered into each Weekly Lottery draw for which we have received payment.
14. Only entries for which payment has been received in cleared funds are eligible to win a prize.
15. All payments are final and no refunds will be made at any time, save as set out in paragraphs 19 and 20.
16. All entrants acknowledge that paying to enter the Weekly Lotteries does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
17. All proceeds from the Weekly Lotteries go to the Promoter.
18. Persons under the age of eighteen (18) are not permitted to enter the Weekly Lotteries. It is an offence to buy or purport to buy a lottery ticket for anyone less than eighteen (18) years of age.
19. In the event that tickets are unknowingly sold to, or are purchased for a person less than eighteen (18) years of age or a person who is otherwise deemed to be a vulnerable person (in the sole discretion of the Promoter), his or her entry will be excluded from the relevant draw and his or her entry fee will be refunded. Prizes will not be paid out to persons who are found to be less than eighteen (18) years of age.
20. The Promoter may reject any application, disqualify any entry, or terminate or suspend the Weekly Lotteries without giving reason or notice at its absolute discretion. In such circumstances, relevant entries will be excluded from the applicable draw and entry fees will be refunded.
21. Prizes will be paid by way of a cheque made payable to the name provided by the winning entrant on registration, and will be sent by post to the postal address provided by the winner, within twenty eight (28) days of the relevant draw date. You are responsible for ensuring that you provide us with the correct name to enable you to cash the cheque on registration. By posting a cheque in accordance with this paragraph 21, both the Promoter and the ELM will be discharged from any and all liability in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, to pay the prizes to the winning players.
22. If you have provided us with your telephone number and given us permission to contact you by telephone, we may telephone you to tell you that you have won a prize.
23. We reserve the right to re-distribute prize monies that have not been cashed within six (6) months of the relevant draw date including (but not limited to) situations where we use such prizes to further the charitable activities of the Promoter.
24. You are solely responsible for providing us with accurate and up-to-date contact details and we will not be liable in any way for any failure or inability to contact any player due to errors, omissions or in accuracies in the contact details that have been provided to us. In the event that your contact details change, you are responsible for providing the Promoter with your updated contact details.
25. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable.
26. A list of the winning numbers (including the prize amount and town / county of the prize winner) is published for twelve (12) months after each draw. You can request a copy of the list of the winning numbers by telephoning the Promoter lottery helpline on tel: 01524 752548 (Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), between 9am to 5pm) or by emailing email@example.com. Lists of winning numbers are available one working day after each draw.
27. We may contact you to ask your permission to use your personal details, photograph and/or other relevant information (in any format) for the purpose of marketing the Weekly Lotteries. We will always obtain your written consent in advance of using your personal information in order to publicise the Weekly Lotteries and you are under no obligation to permit us to use such information.
28. Entry into the Weekly Lotteries can be cancelled at any time by notifying the ELM's Lottery Administration Team in writing to: Action on Hearing Loss, PO BOX 653, Galgate, Lancaster LA2 0XB or by telephoning 01524 752548 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm excluding bank holidays). All cancellations will be processed within forty eight (48) working hours of receipt of the cancellation notice by the ELM’s Lottery Administration Team. If you cancel and, at the time of cancellation, you have paid to enter any future draws (for example, because you have made a direct debit payment to enter on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis) please note that you will not receive any refund from us and you will be entered into the draws for which you have already paid.
29. Save to the extent that such liability cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from:
a. any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods;
b. any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by the Promoter or the ELM for the administration of the Weekly Lotteries;
c. any delays or failures in the banking system used by the Promoter or the player;
d. any delay or failure by the player to cash their winning cheque;
e. any refusal by the Promoter to accept registration of an individual as a player or the cancellation of a lottery entry in accordance with these Terms & Conditions;
f. any failure to enter a players number(s) into any draw;
g. any event beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or the ELM.
30. Neither the Promoter, nor the ELM, will be liable to any player in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by any player in relation to participation in the Weekly Lotteries (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Weekly Lotteries and/or the chance of winning a prize).
31. We reserve the right to disqualify any player from the Weekly Lotteries if we have reasonable grounds to believe the player has breached these Terms & Conditions or in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
32. We take social responsibility very seriously. Please refer to our Social Responsibility Policy for information about responsible gambling, self-exclusion and how you can access information about, and help in respect of, problem gambling.
33. Please refer to our Complaints Procedure for details of how to make a complaint relating to the Weekly Lotteries.
35. We reserve the right to update these Terms & Conditions at any time. If we do so, we will publish the amended Terms & Conditions on our website. Any material changes to these terms and conditions that affect matters such as the way in which the draws are carried out, eligibility and prizes will be notified to you prior to taking effect via a notice on our website or, where you have provided us with your email address, by email, otherwise by letter. By continuing to play the Weekly Lotteries, you agree to our Terms & Conditions, as amended from time to time.
36. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and you can bring any legal proceedings in respect of the Weekly Lotteries in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Weekly Lotteries in either the Scottish or the English courts.