• 69% of on-demand services don’t provide subtitles on their own website
• 67% don’t provide subtitles on set-top boxes (such as Freeview and Sky Q) or streaming sticks (such as Amazon Fire or Google Chromecast)
• 74% have no subtitles on mobile apps
• 86% don’t provide subtitles on connected TVs
• 95% have no subtitles on games consoles
We know how popular subtitles are: 16% of content watched on linear TV is done so with subtitles and over two million programmes (20%) are watched with subtitles on the BBC iPlayer every day.