We know that people with hearing loss often struggle to watch TV or listen to the radio. Speech is often too fast, or too soft, and sometimes there’s distracting background noise. Simply turning up the volume isn’t really the solution, as it doesn’t necessarily improve speech clarity, and it can disturb others.
Imagine a world where you’re not limited by your hearing loss; a world where you can enjoy the simple pleasures in life again. Our headphones are specifically designed to help you live your life your way. Click here to watch our video and see how headphones can enhance everyday activities for people with up to severe hearing loss.
All our headphones have adjustable volume, with louder sound than standard headphones, but there are other benefits too:
- Some headphones have balance control, so you can adjust the volume for each ear – ideal if you have different levels of hearing.
- • Some have tone control, or special speech-enhancement features which give much-improved sound quality, making speech easier to hear.
- The larger, ‘closed-cup’ headphones cover your ears so you won’t be distracted by background noise, and your sound won’t disturb anyone else.
- Certain models can be used with a hearing aid or cochlear implant that has a loop or ‘T’ setting.
- Some headphones are cordless, so there’s no trip hazard.
- Bluetooth headphones let you listen to music and make phone calls on the move.
Of course, not every pair of headphones has every feature. Our range of corded and cordless headphones varies so you can pick what’s most suitable for your needs, at the best price. To help you choose, we’ve selected our top five headphones for hearing loss.
These stylish Bluetooth headphones have the latest wireless technology for a superb listening experience. With NoiseGard™ active noise cancellation and extended battery life, you’ll enjoy high-quality, long-lasting sound. They can be paired to any Bluetooth-enabled mobile device for listening to music or taking phone calls on the go.
- NoiseGard™ active noise cancellation to block out background noise
- Closed ear cups to prevent sound leakage
- Bluetooth connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls
- Volume adjustment – suitable for up to moderate hearing loss
Comfortable and easy to use, these wireless headphones recharge when they’re placed back on the docking station. Connect your TV, laptop, MP3 player or iPod to the charging base and the sound is transmitted to the headphones, allowing you to move around your home.
- Tone, volume and balance control
- Mono setting - so you can hear all the sound in one or both ears
- Operating range up to 50m
- Battery lasts up to eight hours.
They're lightweight headphones with a volume control and a long 5m cable. There is a loud maximum volume and a very clear, natural sound when listening to either speech or music with a pleasing mix of treble and bass.
- 3.5 mm jack
- Adjustable headband
- Adjustable volume control
- Supplied with 5m connection lead
These stereo earphones are specially designed to use with the Bellman Maxi Pro personal amplifier. Connect them to the Maxi Pro to follow conversations more easily, listen to music and make smartphone calls via the built-in microphone.
- Enjoy stereo sound from your Maxi Pro personal amplifier (bought separately)
- Make mobile calls using the built-in microphone.
Enjoy a fully immersive experience with these lightweight, corded headphones. Simply plug them into your TV’s headphone socket and enjoy high-quality stereo sound. The enclosed ear cups block out background noise and prevent sound 'leaking' out.
- Easy-to-use slider volume balance controls on the cord
- Set a different volume for each ear to suit your hearing loss
- Comfortable, adjustable headband
- 6.2m cable that connects to the TV headphone jack.
Find out more
For full details about our top five headphones for hearing loss, click on the ‘More Information’ button underneath each description above. Or, contact our Customer Services team for expert advice:
Telephone 03330 144 525
Textphone 03330 144 530
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm.We’re the only UK charity with a full range of products for people living with deafness, hearing loss and tinnitus, so we’re the ideal source of impartial advice. And every purchase means that you’re helping fund research to cure hearing loss within a generation.