We know that people with hearing loss often struggle to watch TV or listen to the radio. Speech is often too fast, or too soft, and sometimes there’s distracting background noise. Simply turning up the volume isn’t really the solution, as it doesn’t necessarily improve speech clarity, and it can disturb others.
Imagine a world where you’re not limited by your hearing loss; a world where you can enjoy the simple pleasures in life again. Our headphones are specifically designed to help you live your life your way. Click here to watch our video and see how headphones can enhance everyday activities for people with up to severe hearing loss.
All our headphones have adjustable volume, with louder sound than standard headphones, but there are other benefits too:
- Some headphones have balance control, so you can adjust the volume for each ear – ideal if you have different levels of hearing.
- • Some have tone control, or special speech-enhancement features which give much-improved sound quality, making speech easier to hear.
- The larger, ‘closed-cup’ headphones cover your ears so you won’t be distracted by background noise, and your sound won’t disturb anyone else.
- Certain models can be used with a hearing aid or cochlear implant that has a loop or ‘T’ setting.
- Some headphones are cordless, so there’s no trip hazard.
- Bluetooth headphones let you listen to music and make phone calls on the move.
- Our latest, state-of-the-art headphones offer additional features. IQbuds allow you to stay situation-aware and move between your digital world and physical world with a simple tap. LoopBuds help people who don’t wear hearing aids benefit from clearer speech and music at venues where a hearing loop is installed.
Of course, not every pair of headphones has every feature. Our range of corded and cordless headphones varies so you can pick what’s most suitable for your needs, at the best price. To help you choose, we’ve selected our top five headphones for hearing loss.
These wireless Bluetooth headphones are perfect for listening to music or taking phone calls on the move. They have very loud amplification, with adjustable tone and balance controls. Suitable for people with up to severe hearing loss. Click here to watch our video.
- Adjustable volume (up to 125dB) with tone and balance control
- Closed ear cups block out background noise and help prevent sound ‘leaking’ out
- Bluetooth V4.0, for wireless music listening or phone calls
- Compatible with non-Bluetooth devices using the 3.5mm jack lead supplied.
Comfortable and easy to use, these wireless headphones recharge when they’re placed back on the docking station. Connect your TV, laptop, MP3 player or iPod to the charging base and the sound is transmitted to the headphones, allowing you to move around your home.
- Tone, volume and balance control
- Mono setting - so you can hear all the sound in one or both ears
- Operating range up to 50m
- Battery lasts up to eight hours.
Experience the future of hearing with IQbuds wireless earbuds. They enhance your hearing in loud places, while drowning out background noise. Selectively tune in or out of the world around you. Ideal for people with standard hearing or mild hearing loss.
- Hear conversations, even in noisy places
- Stay aware of your surroundings at all times
- Move between your digital and physical worlds with a simple tap
- Make phone calls on-the-go over Bluetooth from your iPhone or Android phone.
Enjoy the ultimate listening experience at concerts, gigs and live events, with LoopBuds earphones. When you’re in a hearing loop equipped venue, simply open the LoopBuds app* and you’ll receive crystal-clear sound directly into your ears. Please note: They cannot be used with hearing aids.
*Only compatible with iPhones. An android version of the app is in development.
- Listen to hearing loops in thousands of venues via your smartphone, without a hearing aid
- Turn hearing loop speech into text via a speech-to-text app
- Adjustable volume, balance and tone settings
- Listen to music and make phone calls on the move.
Enjoy a fully immersive experience with these lightweight, corded headphones. Simply plug them into your TV’s headphone socket and enjoy high-quality stereo sound. The enclosed ear cups block out background noise and prevent sound 'leaking' out.
- Easy-to-use slider volume balance controls on the cord
- Set a different volume for each ear to suit your hearing loss
- Comfortable, adjustable headband
- 6.2m cable that connects to the TV headphone jack.
Find out more
For full details about our top five headphones for hearing loss, click on the ‘More Information’ button underneath each description above. Or, contact our Customer Services team for expert advice:
Telephone 03330 144 525
Textphone 03330 144 530
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm.We’re the only UK charity with a full range of products for people living with deafness, hearing loss and tinnitus, so we’re the ideal source of impartial advice. And every purchase means that you’re helping fund research to cure hearing loss within a generation.