As Aristotle famously said: “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.” That’s why some of our most popular products for people who are deaf or have hearing loss are those which are paired. We call them our ‘Just the two of us’ bundles. Together they offer even more life-enhancing benefits than they do separately.
Whether you’re looking for a new smartphone and SIM card; TV listener and amplified neckloop; or twin pack phone for upstairs and downstairs; we’ve packaged together some of the best options available. Every time you buy from us your purchase has a double benefit too – you’ll enjoy a better quality of life and you’ll help fund our vital work.
At Action on Hearing Loss, all our products are tried and tested so we can recommend the best match for your hearing needs. We’re here to provide impartial information and expert advice so you can find a solution that puts the spark back into your life. If you’re not compatible, don’t worry – our 28-day money-back guarantee means you can return or exchange your purchase free of charge. And don’t forget, you may be eligible for VAT exemption on many of our fantastic products – find out more here.
To help make your life easier and more enjoyable, here’s a roundup of our most popular ‘Just the two of us’ product bundles:
This advanced listening system will transform your ability to hear at work, at home and when you’re socialising. Enjoy superb sound quality, even in noisy environments, over distance and when several people are talking. The Roger Pen picks up sounds and transmits the signal direct to your hearing aids via the MyLink neckloop receiver. Watch our video.
• Omni-directional – picks up amplified sound from all around
• Directional – point it in the direction of the sound you want to hear
• Super-directional – hear the speaker’s voice, even up to 25m away, if they’re holding or wearing the Roger Pen
• Bluetooth compatible and connects wirelessly to your mobile phone.
The Opticlip wireless TV listener has extra-loud volume adjustment, tone control and left/right balance for one-sided hearing loss. When you're away from the TV, it doubles as a personal listener. The iLoop amplified neckloop works with hearing aids and cochlear implants on the loop or ‘T’ setting.
• Operating range up to 25m
• Wireless connectivity that goes through walls
• Built-in microphone – switch from watching TV to listening to other people in the room
• Also amplifies your radio, MP3 player, smartphone and other audio devices.
If you’re worried about missing visitors or phone calls, the Amplicall 20-6 pack is a great solution. When someone rings your doorbell, the Amplicall 20 sounds loudly and the Amplicall 6 wireless smart bulb flashes brightly. When you receive a phone call, the smart bulb flashes and you get a different loud ring to tell you that someone’s on the line.
• Low-energy 5w LED smart bulb (same brightness as a 65w bulb)
• Choice of two brightness settings
• Adjustable volume
• Tone control (low/medium/high).
You no longer have to pay for minutes you don’t need with this deaf-friendly package that comprises an EE SIM card and easy-to-use smartphone with great accessibility features. The SIM card is specifically designed for people with hearing loss, offering more data, unlimited texts and fewer minutes.
• Ringer volume up to 90dB
• Increase handset volume up to 40dB
• Highest possible (T4/M4) hearing aid compatibility rating
• SOS assistance button for emergency contact.
• Automatically switches from person to person as the discussion proceeds
• Several Roger table microphones can be networked for larger meetings
• Transmits from multimedia devices directly to hearing aids by audio cable
• Rechargeable battery with more than 20 hours’ operating time.
Never miss another phone call with the amplified telephone ring indicator, phone symbol that lights up and bright flashing light. Plus, you’ll always know when someone’s at the door thanks to the loud wireless doorbell and white flashing light. It offers peace of mind at an affordable price and is suitable for people with up to profound hearing loss.
• Loudness up to 90dB at 1m
• Operating range up to 200m from doorbell
• Choice of 15 CD-quality chime sounds
• Option to add other alarms and alerts.
This cordless phone twin pack is ideal for people with hearing loss who often miss calls or strain to follow conversations. Its deaf friendly features include adjustable volume controls on both the handset and speakerphone and a visual ringer indicator. It’s useful for those who want the option of two handsets to use in different locations around the home.
• Hearing aid-compatible
• Increase handset volume up to 30dB
• Maximum ringer volume up to 70dB on base, up to 80dB on handset
• Built-in answer machine.
Find out more
For full details about our ‘Just the two of us’ product bundles, click on the ‘More Information’ button underneath each description above. Or, contact our expert Customer Services team who can advise on the best listening solution for you, or a loved one:
Telephone 03330 144 525
Textphone 03330 144 530
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm.
We’re the only UK charity with a full range of products for people living with deafness, hearing loss and tinnitus, so we’re the ideal source of impartial advice. And every purchase means that you’re helping fund research to cure hearing loss within a generation.