Action on Hearing Loss Logo
    Total results:
      Total results:

      Help to pay for assistive products

      If you have hearing loss and are exploring products that can make your life easier, you may be able to get help paying for them to help you at home, at work or when you are out and about or studying.

      What are assistive products?

      Assistive products can help you to manage your hearing loss, whatever its level. There are lots of great products that can help you at home, at work, or when you are out and about or studying. You can find out more in our section Products and technology to help with hearing loss

      Can I get help to pay for assistive products?

      Your local council’s sensory services team may be able to provide equipment or help to pay for it. You’ll need a referral from your audiologist (hearing specialist), which should specify the type of equipment you may require, as well as a copy of your latest hearing test.

      To find out more, ask your audiologist or contact your local sensory services team.

      What about products to help me at work?

      The government’s Access to Work scheme may help to pay for equipment you need at work or for job interviews.

      If you’re in post-18 education, you may be eligible for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) to help pay for any equipment and communication support you need.

      For more information, see our leaflet Understanding benefits