Those who may be concerned about their hearing can have a hearing screening to see whether they would benefit from visiting their GP and being referred to an audiologist.
The sessions are run by Action on Hearing Loss staff as well as trained and supported volunteers.
Devon and Cornwall (not including North Devon, Plymouth or Torbay)
We aim to:
- give support and guidance to members of the public with deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss
- reduce social isolation, especially in rural locations not already covered by other projects
- work with local groups across Cornwall and Devon such as community clubs and voluntary associations to make them more accessible to people with hearing loss
- ensure that organisations increase their ability to support those with deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss
- recruit and capacity build a team of volunteers who will deliver information and advice drop-in sessions.
|The project was launched in January 2017 with funding running for five years. We are hoping to put in place a sustainability plan to carry the project forward after this.|