Who we areWe’re a team of dedicated, trained and professional Tinnitus Helpline advisers. We provide information to people with tinnitus, as well as their families and friends, and professionals in the field.
How we can help
We provide information and support on all issues relating to tinnitus, including:
• what to do if you think you have tinnitus
• what can help you to manage tinnitus, including therapies, products and technology
• how to manage stress and tinnitus
• how to support friends and family who have tinnitus.
For information about hearing loss, deafness, and questions about Action on Hearing Loss and the work that we do, please contact our Information Line.
As well as offering support by telephone, textphone, SMS and email, we also moderate the Tinnitus online forum. The forum is a great place to ask questions, share tips and benefit from other people’s experiences.
We have a range of tinnitus publications that you can order from our Tinnitus Helpline or download and print from the Publications section of our website:
- Understanding tinnitus provides a good introduction to tinnitus.
- Tinnitus – causes and therapies goes into detail about what tinnitus can be linked to and the support available.
- Stress and tinnitus explains the link between stress and tinnitus and suggests ways of dealing with both.
- Musical hallucinations explains a rare type of tinnitus where fragments of musical tunes are heard when no music is being played.
- Pulsatile tinnitus explains a rare type of tinnitus where you hear a pulsing sound that may beat in time with your heart.
- How to help friends and family with tinnitus is for people who want to know more about tinnitus and how they can offer their support.
Information in alternative formats
If you need tinnitus publications in Braille, audio or large print, please contact us.
How to contact us
You can contact our Tinnitus Helpline by telephone or textphone, or send us an email, SMS, fax or letter:
1–3 Highbury Station Rd, London, N1 1SE
Telephone: 0808 808 6666 (freephone)
Textphone: 0808 808 9000 (freephone)
Fax: 020 7296 8199
SMS: 0780 0000 360
The Tinnitus Helpline is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Please include your full postal address if you’d like us to send you printed information. Enquiries received by email or SMS are usually responded to within one working day. Letters may take slightly longer.
The Action on Hearing Loss Tinnitus Helpline is a member of the Helplines Partnership, the membership body for organisations that provide helpline services.
To make sure you receive a high standard of customer service, our supervisors sometimes listen in to Tinnitus Helpline calls for training purposes. All our Tinnitus Helpline staff work within our confidentiality policy. If you're not happy for a supervisor to listen in to your call, please let us know when you phone us.