Christmas opening times
· Monday 23rd December 9-5pm
· Tuesday 24th December from 9am-1pm
· 25th-27th December- Closed
· 30th December- 9-5pm (limited staff)
· 31st December- 9am-1pm
· 1st January - Closed
· 2nd January- Reopen from 9am-5pm
Who we are
We're a team of dedicated, trained and professional Information Line Officers. We provide free, confidential and impartial information to people confronting deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss, as well as their families and friends, and professionals in the field.
What we do
Our Information Line provides information and support on all issues relating to deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss.
Call our Information Line for information on:
- What to do if you think you may have hearing loss
- What can help if you’ve just been diagnosed with hearing loss
- Ear problems and treatments
- Hearing loss and deafness
- Getting hearing aids and making the most out of them
- What benefits and services you may be entitled to
- Deaf awareness – including communication tips
- Different types of communication support and how to book
- Products and technology that can help
- Your rights in relation to the Equality Act 2010 and the Human Rights Act
- How to support friends and family with hearing loss
- Services in your area.
As well as offering support by telephone, textphone, Live web chat and SMS, the team also responds to emails and moderates three online forums: Tinnitus; Products and Equipment; and Deafness and Hearing Loss. These forums are great places for people to ask questions, share tips and benefit from other people’s experiences.
We can also answer your questions about Action on Hearing Loss and the work that we do, including our vision and our values.
Call our Tinnitus Helpline for information on:
- What to do if you think you have tinnitus
- What can help you to manage tinnitus, including products and technology
- How to manage stress and tinnitus
- How to support friends and family who experience tinnitus.
Action on Hearing Loss publications
We have a wide range of publications, including more than 60 factsheets. They are available in Braille, audio and large print on request. You can order by contacting the Information Line, or download them from our Publications section of our website.
We have a series of information packs on the following subjects:
- British Sign Language
- Deaf awareness
We also have an information pack for Brownie and Girl Guide groups. You can request these packs using the contact details below.
How to contact us
You can contact the Information Line and Tinnitus Line, free, by telephone or textphone, or send us an email, SMS, fax or letter.
Action on Hearing Loss Information Line, 9 Bakewell Road (c/o RNIB), Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6XU
Action on Hearing Loss Tinnitus Helpline, 9 Bakewell Road (c/o RNIB), Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6XU
Telephone: 0808 808 6666 (freephone)
Textphone: 0808 808 9000 (freephone)
Fax: 020 7296 8199
SMS: 0780 0000 360
The Information Line and Tinnitus Line are staffed Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Please include your full postal address if you would like us to send you printed information. Enquiries received by email or SMS are usually responded to within one working day. Letters may take slightly longer.
Action on Hearing Loss Information Line is a member of the Telephone Helpline Association.
To ensure you receive a high standard of customer service, our supervisors sometimes listen in to Information Line calls for training purposes. All our Information Line staff work within our confidentiality policy. If you're not happy for a supervisor to listen in to your call, please let us know when you phone us.