By the end of the course, you and your staff should be able to:
- identify situations where people who are deaf or have hearing loss might face communication barriers when using your service
- identify solutions to improve accessibility in your service
- understand a range of communication methods used by people who are deaf or have hearing loss
- demonstrate and build confidence in communicating with people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
How is the course delivered?
Our Deaf Awareness training course comes in two different formats. We offer:
- a half-day course that runs over a three-hour session
- a full-day course that runs over a six-hour session.
This course is CPD accredited, so all course participants will receive a certificate of attendance showing the CPD points achieved (three points for the half day course and six points for the full day course). Participants will also receive an information pack.