Being deaf aware is a great way to encourage an inclusive environment in your school.
Our deaf awareness training will improve the way you communicate with deaf children – helping you to break down the barriers faced by pupils who are deaf or have a hearing loss.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- understand a range of communication methods used by pupils who are deaf or have hearing loss
- feel more confident about communicating with pupils who are deaf or have hearing loss
- identify situations in your school where pupils who are deaf or have hearing loss might face communication barriers
- devise solutions to improve accessibility in your school.
How is the course delivered?
There are two different deaf awareness training courses to choose from, both aimed at communicating with pupils with hearing loss:
- Half day course (three hours)
- Full day course (six hours)
Deaf awareness training is Continuing Professional Development (CPD) accredited, so participants will receive a certificate of attendance showing the CPD points achieved (3 points for the half day course and 6 points for the full day course). Participants will also receive an information pack about communicating with deaf children.
Find out more
For more information about communicating with deaf pupils, our range of deaf awareness resources and to book your deaf awareness training:
Telephone: 0333 240 5658 (calls welcome using Next Generation Text)
Textphone: 0333 014 4530