Start to Sign - an introduction to sign language
Thousands of people in England use British Sign Language (BSL), so learning a little sign language can go a long way when it comes to basic communication skills with customers or colleagues who are deaf.
Our training is not only great fun, but also effective, enabling you to have a basic conversation with a deaf person whose first language is BSL. Above all it shows customers, staff and competitors that you are serious about your business and making it accessible to everyone, including people who are deaf.
The course is designed to give you a high level of interaction and the opportunity to benefit from practical sessions as well as tutor facilitated learning.
- to improve communication with deaf customers
- to improve communication between deaf and hearing staff
- ability to hold a basic dialogue in BSL without relying on writing or an interpreter
- courses are designed to give you a high level of interaction and an opportunity to benefit from practical sessions as well as tutor facilitated learning
- give organisations basic signing skills and an understanding of how BSL works
|2pm - 5pm||£75 +VAT per person|
Register your place and for more information
If you would like to book your place or if you would like more information or would like to speak to a member of staff, please contact our Access Solutions team by any of the following methods:
Telephone: 0333 240 5658 (local rate) - calls welcome via Text Relay