Being deaf aware is a great way to show good business practice. In our research, more than 7 in 10 hearing aid wearers said they'd be likely to choose a business or service which had deaf aware staff over a competitor that didn't.
Our deaf awareness training course will improve your communication skills and confidence – helping you to break down the barriers faced by people who are deaf or have a hearing loss.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- identify situations in your organisation where people who are deaf or have hearing loss might face communication barriers
- establish ways to improve accessibility in your business drawing on the deaf awareness information provided
- understand a range of communication methods used by people who are deaf or have hearing loss
- demonstrate confidence in communicating with people who are deaf or have hearing loss.
Read what the staff at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend had to say after attending one of our deaf awareness training courses.
How is it delivered?
Our deaf awareness training course comes in two different formats:
- Half day course (three hours)
- Full day course (six hours).
This course is CPD accredited, so all participants will receive a certificate of attendance showing the CPD points achieved (three points for the half day course and six points for the full day course). Participants will also receive a deaf awareness training pack.
Further information and arranging a training session
For further information, or to arrange a deaf awareness course or British Sign Language (BSL) training for your business, please contact our Access Solutions team:
Telephone: 0333 240 5658 (calls welcome using Next Generation Text)