Here are our tips for reaching people who are deaf or have hearing loss:
- Sign up for the Disability Confident scheme and include the badge on your advert – this shows potential employees your commitment to supporting people with disabilities.
- Advertise jobs through a variety of channels including Jobcentre Plus or, in Northern Ireland, the Jobs and Benefits Office.
- Offer alternative ways for people to contact you for more information, such as giving an email address as well as a telephone number.
- Brief any recruitment agencies you use on your ambition to recruit a diverse workforce including people with disabilities, and ensure they are familiar with the content of this guide.
- If you are based in Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales, you can contact our Employment Support Services, which support people who are deaf or have hearing loss to access and thrive in employment. We also have a small employment service in Southampton, England.