Being deaf aware is a great way to show good business practice. In our research, more than 7 in 10 hearing aid wearers said they'd be likely to choose a business or service which had deaf aware staff over a competitor that didn't.
Our deaf awareness training course will improve your communication skills and confidence – helping you to break down the barriers faced by people who are deaf or have a hearing loss.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- identify situations in your organisation where people who are deaf or have hearing loss might face communication barriers
- identify solutions to improve accessibility in your business
- understand a range of communication methods used by people who are deaf or have hearing loss
- demonstrate and build confidence in communicating with people who are deaf or have hearing loss
Read what the staff at Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend had to say about our deaf awareness course.
How is it delivered?
Our deaf awareness training course comes in two different formats. We carry out:
- a half day course that runs over a three-hour session
- a full day course that runs over a six-hour session
This course is CPD accredited, so all course participants will receive a certificate of attendance showing the CPD points achieved (three points for the half day course and six points for the full day course). Participants will also receive an information pack.
Further information and arranging a training session
Telephone: 0333 240 5658 (calls welcome using Next Generation Text)