The TRIH grant supports:
- research with a strong commercial potential (we would expect it to attract follow-on funding at the conclusion of the grant)
- small molecule, gene- or cell-based approaches for the treatment of hearing loss or tinnitus
- studies that will help progress promising basic research towards clinical trials.
How to apply
For more information, including guidelines and an application form, see the TRIH Grant page.
Current TRIH projects
- Developing new medicines to treat age-related and noise-induced hearing loss
- Paving the way for new tinnitus treatments
- Identifying aminoglycoside antibiotics that are less toxic to the ear
- Magnetically directing therapy into the inner ear
- Testing potential drugs to protect the inner ear from ototoxic aminoglycoside antibiotics