The scheme is open to any innovative idea that fulfils this purpose. The grant is offered twice a year and awards are usually made in March and October.
We will not be running the Flexi Grant scheme in October 2018.
Summary of grant
- Value: Applications for smaller sums of money are encouraged within this scheme, up to a maximum of £5,000
- Eligibility: Applicants can be from a university, research institute, or small or medium enterprise based anywhere in the world
In the last round of funding (September 2017), we received 17 applications and awarded funding to five projects.
The guidelines for the call and the application form for 2018 are below. There is also guidance on how to complete the form – please read this document before preparing your application.
- Flexi Grant call and guidelines
- Flexi Grant application form
- Guidance for completing the application form
Proposals are peer-reviewed if necessary, and the most suitable projects are then selected for funding.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible, usually within two months of the application deadline.