You are here:

Gift Aid

Please install the Flash Plugin Increase the value of your donations through the government’s Gift Aid scheme!

For every £1 you donate, Action on Hearing Loss can reclaim income or capital gains tax that you've already paid to increase your donation by 25p, making it worth £1.25.

All you need to do is tell us you want us to Gift Aid your donations. It costs you nothing!

Here's what Gift Aid could be worth to us:

  • You donate £20, we can claim an extra £5 making your donation worth £25.
  • You donate 50, we can claim an extra £12.50 making your donation worth £62.50.
  • You donate £8 per month, we can claim an exta £2 per month. This makes your total donation worth £10 per month.

If you want to Gift Aid your donations, make sure to:

  • tick the Gift Aid box if you're donating online
  • tell us you want to Gift Aid your donation when you call or email us
  • tick the Gift Aid box on any donations you make by post.

If you've donated to us in the past but aren't sure if you Gift Aid your donations to us, it’s simple for us to check. Please email our Supporter Services team on, including your name and address, or call 020 7296 8264 (telephone) / 020 7296 8246 (textphone).

Higher Rate Taxpayers

If you pay income tax at a higher rate, you can reclaim the additional marginal higher rate of tax on your donations. You can, if you wish, also choose to donate this to us.  See the HMRC website (external link, opens new window) for more information.

Terms and conditions of the Gift Aid scheme

By agreeing to Gift Aid your donation, you are confirming that you are a UK taxpayer and are happy for us to reclaim tax on your donations. You must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax for each tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next) that is at least equal to the tax that we reclaim on your donations in the same tax year.

Gift Aid is only claimed on eligible donations. Donations made via CAF and other tax-efficient schemes, including payroll giving, are excluded.

Please let us know if your address or the amount of tax you pay changes.

donate FRSB