You are here:

Forums

Logged in as: Anonymous Search |

Products and Equipment > Just another problem

JohnD
#1 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 10:14:33 AM

Early this year, I was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease. Reading the news letter, there is an interesting article which tells us that re-programming brain cells, can reverse the symptoms of Parkinsons, and ultimately produce a cure.

Mice have been used to demonstrate a virus can deliver instructions to brain cells, offering a new way of replacing lost cells. The main problem, is how to get the cells in the right place.

This is all very familiar reading, as we know, there are already a handful of gerbils and mice, who can hear better than any of us. We know it can be done, but the stumbling block is the “How To.” Ten years ago, I was told stem cells would one day cure deafness. I am still waiting......

Watching “Supervet” stem cells are used on a weekly basis, to grow new bone and tissue. He has yet to cure a pet with a hearing loss, but who knows when!

But then our ancestors had the same problem of how to join two pieces of wood together. Then some bright spark invented the nail, and so began DIY! As always, I live in hope....
TraineeAudiologist
#2 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 11:58:14 PM

Hey John,

Sorry to hear that.Keep hoping. The future is fascinating - sometimes getting a bit down thinking about all the amazing stuff we won't see, but then I have to remember that we're in the top 0.1% of the entire human race in terms of comfort and information, so not all bad ;)
Nhayche
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:52:43 PM

Sorry to hear that.

The article you mention is really interesting, never heard about that and will definitely give it a read.

All i want to say is that we can keep positive and keep hoping for something better around the corner.
JohnD
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:08:03 AM

Thanks.
Technology is racing along at an amazing pace, mostly in the way information is presented to us electronically.

It`s much slower in the field of medicine, in spite of all the money spent on research. But I keep a positive outlook, and that corner is I hope, getting nearer all the time....