Our International Project Grant aims to generate scientific discoveries that will lead to new treatments to protect, improve or restore hearing, or to silence tinnitus.
Summary of grant
- Deadline: the deadline for the 2015 International Project grant has now passed. The call for the 2016 round of funding will be announced later this year.
- Duration: Up to three years
- Eligibility: Applicants must be from a university or research institute based anywhere in the world.
- Value: Up to £55,000 per year, although total funding will not exceed £160,000
The guidelines for the call and the application form for 2015 are below. There is also guidance on how to complete the form - please refer to this document whilst preparing your application. We will acknowledge receipt of your application - if you do not hear from us within 3 days of submitting your application, please email us at email@example.com to check we have received it.
All applications are sent to two to four external referees in the field who are asked to rate the scientific value and feasibility of the project. These reviews and the original proposals are then rated by members of our medical research review panel. The top-rated applications are funded.
Applicants are notified of the outcome as soon as possible following the final decision. Feedback will be provided to all applicants.
Action on Hearing Loss medical research review panel
- Prof Adrian Rees, University of Newcastle (chair)
- Dr Chris Sumner, Institute of Hearing Research, Nottingham
- Dr Tanya Whitfield, University of Sheffield
- Prof Anne Schilder, University College London and University Medical Center Utrecht
- Prof Hannie Kremer, Radboud University, The Netherlands
- Prof Astrid van Wieringen, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Dr Michael Stone, University of Manchester
For more information contact:
Action on Hearing Loss
19-23 Featherstone Street
EC1Y 8SL, UK
Telephone: +44(0)20 7296 8013