Our International Project Grant aims to generate scientific discoveries that will lead to new treatments to protect, improve or restore hearing, or to silence tinnitus.
Summary of grant
Please note: for the 2015 round of the International Project Grant scheme, we will only accept applications from universities or research institutes based in the UK. Co-applicants and collaborators may be from research institutions outside the UK. From 2016, the scheme will be open to researchers worldwide, as is usual for this scheme.
- Deadline: Tuesday 14 April 2015 (5pm)
- Duration: Up to three years
- Eligibility: Applicants must be from a university or research institute based in the UK
- Value: Up to £55,000 per year, although total funding will not exceed £160,000
The guidelines for the call and the application form for 2015 are below. There is also guidance on how to complete the form - please refer to this document whilst preparing your application. We will acknowledge receipt of your application - if you do not hear from us within 3 days of submitting your application, please email us at email@example.com to check we have received it.
All applications are sent to two/three external referees in the field who are asked to rate the scientific value and feasibility of the project. These reviews and the original proposals are then rated by members of our medical research review panel. The top-rated applications are then funded.
Applicants are notified of the outcome as soon as possible following the final decision. Feedback is given upon request.
Action on Hearing Loss medical research review panel
- Prof Adrian Rees, University of Newcastle (chair)
- Dr Chris Sumner, Institute of Hearing Research, Nottingham
- Dr Tanya Whitfield, University of Sheffield
- Prof Anne Schilder, University College London and University Medical Center Utrecht
- Prof Hannie Kremer, Radboud University, The Netherlands
- Prof Astrid van Wieringen, KU Leuven, Belgium
- One member to be recruited
For more information contact:
Action on Hearing Loss
19-23 Featherstone Street
EC1Y 8SL, UK
Telephone: +44(0)20 7296 8013