- To assist the Tinnitus Service in their activities including:
- assisting the Tinnitus Support Officer to deliver outreach talks
- providing information on tinnitus at information events / stands
- provide Tinnitus information at Hearing Aid Support Sessions
- using their knowledge and experience of tinnitus to provide information to others, under the guidance of the Tinnitus Support Officer
- attending training delivered by the Tinnitus Support Officer in order to build confidence in undertaking the above activities.
- good knowledge and understanding of tinnitus, hearing loss and deafness, preferably from personal experience
- willingness to share personal experience of tinnitus
- knowledge of or willingness to learn about the issues affecting the deaf and hard of hearing community.
- knowledge of or willingness to learn about Action on Hearing Loss and the services we provide in Northern Ireland
- confidence in speaking to individuals, groups and professionals
- friendly, reliable and approachable manner
- access to a car or alternative travel arrangements.
Action on Hearing Loss NI offers full, on-going training for all volunteers including a one-day induction programme with optional OCN qualification. In addition you will receive half day training specific to your role by your volunteer co-ordinator.
The level of commitment depends entirely on the individual volunteer.
Your local area/neighbouring area.
Support and supervision
The Tinnitus Service team will provide regular support and training. You will be working alongside the Tinnitus Support Officer.
Benefits of volunteering
- training – learning new skills and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people, as well as those with tinnitus
- experience – meeting new people in different situations and building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers
- fulfilment – knowing that the information you provide will make a real difference to those who receive it and raising awareness throughout Northern Ireland
- expenses – all expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed
- become involved in the deaf and hard of hearing community in Northern Ireland
- work as part of a team.
All volunteers are required to complete an Access NI check, as some of your work may include working with vulnerable adults.
Thank you for showing an interest in volunteering for Action on Hearing Loss. If you are interested in becoming a Tinnitus Support volunteer please complete the online volunteer application form or contact us if you have any questions.
Regional Volunteer Manager
Action on Hearing Loss NI
4–8 Adelaide Street
Tel/text: 028 90239619
Fax: 028 90312032