Throughout Northern Ireland
The level of commitment depends entirely on the individual volunteer.
To assist the Tinnitus Support Service in their activities including:
- Assisting the Tinnitus Support Officer to deliver talks and courses.
- Providing information on tinnitus and participating in events.
- Using knowledge and experience of tinnitus to support others who are struggling with the condition, under the guidance of the Tinnitus Support Officer.
- Attending training delivered by the Tinnitus Support Officer in order to build confidence in undertaking the above activities.
- Good knowledge and understanding of tinnitus, hearing loss and deafness, preferably from personal experience.
- Willingness to share personal experience of tinnitus
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about the issues affecting the deaf and hard of hearing community.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about Action on Hearing Loss and the services we provide in Northern Ireland.
- Confidence in speaking to individuals, groups and professionals.
- Friendly, reliable and approachable manner.
- Access to a car or alternative travel arrangements.
Support and supervision
The Tinnitus Support Service team will provide regular support and training. You will be working alongside the Tinnitus Support Officer who will provide guidance accordingly.
Action on Hearing Loss NI offers full, on-going training for all volunteers including a one-day induction programme with optional OCN qualification. 'On the job' role specific training will also be done by your volunteer co-ordinator when you start your role.
- Training – learning new skills and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people, as well as those with tinnitus.
- Experience – meeting new people in different situations and building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers.
- Fulfilment – knowing that the information you provide will make a real difference to those who receive it and raising awareness throughout Northern Ireland.
- Expenses – all expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed.
- Become involved in the deaf and hard of hearing community in Northern Ireland.
- Work as part of a team.
All volunteers are required to complete an ACCESS NI check, as some of your work may include working with vulnerable adults.
Thank you for showing an interest in volunteering for Action on Hearing Loss. If you are interested in becoming a Tinnitus Support volunteer please complete our online application form. For more information please get in touch via contact details below:
Regional Volunteer Manager
Action on Hearing Loss NI
4 – 8 Adelaide Street
Belfast BT2 8AG T
el/text: 028 90239619
Fax: 028 90312032