To assist the Tinnitus Support Officer in the provision of the Action on Hearing Loss Tinnitus Support Service.
To assist the Tinnitus Support Service in their activities including:
- Assisting the Tinnitus Support Officer to deliver talks and courses
- Using knowledge and experience of tinnitus to support others who are struggling with the condition, under the guidance of the Tinnitus Support Officer
- Attending training delivered by the Tinnitus Support Officer in order to build confidence in undertaking the above activities
- Assisting the Tinnitus Support Officer with the delivery of the monthly support group
- Good knowledge and understanding of tinnitus, hearing loss and deafness, preferably from personal experience
- Willingness to share personal experience of tinnitus
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about the issues affecting the deaf and hard of hearing community
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about Action on Hearing Loss and the services we provide
- Confidence in speaking to individuals, groups and professionals
- Friendly, reliable and approachable manner
The level of commitment depends entirely on the individual volunteer.
Throughout the London borough of Redbridge.
Your own transport is not essential
Support and supervision:
The Tinnitus Support Service team will provide regular support and training. You will be working alongside the Tinnitus Support Officer who will provide guidance accordingly.
Action on Hearing Loss offers full, on-going training for all volunteers, including a one-day induction programme and further training specific to the volunteering role.
Benefits: What will you gain by becoming a volunteer for Action on Hearing Loss?
- Training – learning new skills and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people, as well as those with tinnitus
- Experience – meeting new people in different situations and building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers
- Fulfilment – knowing that the help you provide will make a real difference to those who receive it and raising awareness throughout the area
- Expenses – all reasonable expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed
- Become involved in the deaf and hard of hearing community within the area
- Work as part of a team
You will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly CRB) for this role
Thanks for taking the time to read these details.
Ready to apply for this role? Excellent!
Please complete our online application form.
Or if you are interested and would like an informal chat please get in touch with us we would be delighted to hear from you.
Call: 01273 840960