All funds raised will support Action on Hearing Loss’s vital services and make a life changing difference to deaf and hard of hearing people in your local area and throughout Northern Ireland.
• Choose a regional area for your team’s fundraising activities
• Encourage potential team members to complete a volunteer application form to become members of your regional fundraising team. Action on Hearing Loss will conduct the recruitment process.
• Motivate your team by building good relationships with them and creating a fun and friendly atmosphere
• Organise and manage a series of fundraising activities or events for example: bag pack collection, street collection or maybe a Quiz or comedy evening
• Be an ambassador for the charity in your local area
• Work closely with the Corporate & Community Fundraising Manager, keeping them updated and aware of any issues
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships and motivate people to support Action on Hearing Loss
• Knowledge of your local area and a good network of contacts in the area
• The ability to organise and motivate volunteers to attend and engage in fundraising events and activities
Action on Hearing Loss NI offers full, on-going training for all volunteers including a one-day induction programme and further training specific to the volunteering role.
The level of commitment depends on the individual volunteer and team members.
The location of this role depends on the team leader and team.
Support and supervision:
Regular 1:1 support will be given to you by the Corporate & Community Fundraising Manager.
Benefits of volunteering:
• Training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people;
• Volunteer management – gaining direct volunteer management experience;
• Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers;
• Fulfillment – knowing that your support at events and as an Action on Hearing Loss representative will make a real difference to those who receive it and raise deaf awareness throughout society as a whole;
• Expenses – all expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy;
• Opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss.
Some volunteers are required to complete an Access NI. Whether or not a check will be carried out will depend on the nature of the role(s) you will undertake.
Thank you for showing an interest in volunteering with Action on Hearing Loss. If you are interested in becoming a Regional Volunteer Fundraising Group Team Leader, please complete and return a volunteer application form, or contact the following if you have any questions:
Regional Volunteer Manager
Action on Hearing Loss NI
4 – 8 Adelaide Street
Belfast, BT2 8AG
Tel/text: 028 90239619
Fax: 028 90312032