What you will be doingYou will be able to use basic computer packages when necessary to complete tasks that may include logging information, Invoicing, filing and archiving and data entry. You will be required to liaise with members of staff in other departments or external contacts. Knowledge of and Adherence to Data Protection Policies and Procedures.
Some of these skills will be useful
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about issues affecting people with sensory loss
- A genuine interest in working for charities
- Excellent organiser and communicator
- Solid interpersonal skills Friendly, reliable and approachable manner
- Happy to work with a wide range of people
- Previous administrative experience essential
- Strong PC skills including the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Able to work alone/on own initiative
LocationPeterborough office, PE2 6XU
TimeA regular weekly commitment is preferred during the hours of 9-5pm and of a minimum of 3.5 hours and up per week. Actual times and days to be agreed and negotiated.
TransportYour own transport is not necessary
Support and supervisionRegular support will be given by the Communication support team leader, especially in the early stages of your role as you settle in. You will also receive informal support from other Action on Hearing Loss staff.
Training/learning neededAction on Hearing Loss offers full, on-going training for all volunteers including a one-day induction course and further training specific to the volunteering role
- Training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting people with sensory loss.
- Experience – meeting new people in different situations
- Fulfilment – knowing that the information you provide will make a real difference to those who receive it, and raising sensory awareness throughout society as a whole
- Expenses – reasonable expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed, according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy
- Opportunity – explore other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss
Thanks for taking the time to read these details.
Ready to apply for this role? Excellent!
Please complete our online application form
Or if you are interested and would like an informal chat please get in touch with us we would be delighted to hear from you.
Call: 01273 840960