• Regular meeting with the clients to provide support as needed.
• Keeping track of the progress in line with GDPR and confidentiality policies.
• To be a part of monitoring and evaluation
Skills needed:• Passionate about charities work , especially AoHL
• Good listener
• BSL User ( Desirable)
• To be able to build up confidence and good working relationship between individuals and organisations.
Currently operating in Vale of Glamorgan, Cardiff, Newport, Monmouth, Powys, Wrexham or Flintshire.
A three months commitment is required due to the nature of the role.
You will need to be able to travel by yourself to the volunteering location, whether by car or public transport. Expenses incurred will be reimbursed according to the Action on Hearing Loss Travel and Subsistence Policy.
Support and supervision:Support will be available from the Volunteer Coordinator and the JobSense team, plus the wider Action on Hearing Loss staff as and when required.
Action on Hearing Loss offers full, on-going training for all volunteers including a half day induction and then further training specific to the volunteering role. This may include:
• Full training provided on technology, online services, and delivering training and support
• Accredited training in “Understanding Hearing Loss” and “Planning an Event”
• Access to “Skills Gate,” and e-learning portal with access to hundreds of different units and topics
• Opportunities to attend sessions ran by Action on Hearing Loss including “Active Listeners” and “Hearing Technology”
Benefits: what will you gain by becoming a volunteer for JobSense at Action on Hearing Loss?
• Training – learning new skills and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people
• Experience – meeting new people in different situations and building new friendships
• Knowledge that the information you provide will make a real difference in those who receive it
• Giving back to your local community
• Opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss
• Expenses – all expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed according to the Action on Hearing Loss Expenses Policy
Thanks for taking the time to read these details. Ready to apply for this role?
Please complete our online application form or, if you are interested and would like an informal chat, please get in touch with us. We would be delighted to hear from you.
Phone: 02920 523141
Action on Hearing Loss Cymru
Anchor Court North, Ground Floor
Cardiff, CF24 5JW