Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Bristol, Bath, Wiltshire, Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Hampshire.
About the role
- assist staff hosting information stands at events and open days
- support information staff in providing the general public with a wide range of information about hearing loss
- promote our services and recommend other organisations to people with hearing loss
- collect and deliver information resources to events and to display them
Skills, knowledge and experience
- must enjoy meeting people
- good communication skills, in particular the ability to empathise and listen attentively
- have a full clean driving licence and own transport
- BSL skills would be an advantage
What will you gain by becoming a volunteer for us?
- training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting people who are deaf, have a hearing loss or tinnitus.
- experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other volunteers
- fulfilment – knowing that the information you provide will make a real difference to those who receive it, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
- expenses – all reasonable expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed, according to our Expenses policy
- opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss.
You will need to be able to travel locally to different places, whether by car or public transport. Expenses will be reimbursed, according to the our Travel and Subsistence policy.
To register your interest and apply for this role
To register your interest in this role please email email@example.com or complete an online application form.