We are currently looking for volunteers all across wales, particularly in; Swansea, Neath, Port Talbot, Bridgend, Cardiff, Newport, Anglesey, Bangor, Llanfairfechan, Llandudno, Colwyn Bay, Abergele, Rhyl and Wrexham.
About the role
We need your help to reach more people in Wales and provide them with the kind of information that helps empower them to makes changes for the better. You can do this by:
- Run stands at events to provide vital information to people who are Deaf, have a hearing loss or tinnitus.
- Deliver hearing checks at events and organisations to empower people to take action over their hearing loss.
- (Optional) – Speak on our behalf at groups or organisations to increase awareness of hearing loss and highlight Action on Hearing Loss services.
- Record information on people we help and escalate difficult enquiries to members of staff.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Skills
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about communicating with deaf and hard of hearing people
- Friendly, reliable and approachable manner. Happy to work with a wide range of people
- Ability to listen to questions and provide information appropriately
- (optional) Confident presenting to small or large groups
What will you gain by becoming a volunteer for us?
- Training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting people who are deaf, have a hearing loss or tinnitus. OCN accredited training is available.
- Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other volunteers
- Fulfillment – knowing that the information you provide will make a real difference to those who receive it, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
- Expenses – all expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed, according to our Expenses policy
- Opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss.
You will need to be able to travel locally to different places, whether by car or public transport. Expenses will be reimbursed, according to our Travel and Subsistence policy.
To apply or for more information, please contact the Volunteering Team, alternatively you can complete our online application.
Telephone: 02920 333034 or 07908 226748 (call or SMS)
Post: Volunteering, Action on Hearing Loss Cymru, Anchor Court, Keen Road, Cardiff, CF24 5JW