Dundee, Perth & Auchterarder.
The length of each information session can vary, from a few hours, to a full day. The level of commitment depends entirely on the volunteer. A minimum of 2 hours per month is suggested.
Visit service users with their homes, residential/day care centres and walk-in clinics
- Undertake basic maintenance on hearing aids such as re-tubing and battery replacement
- In addition, volunteers will provide information about equipment for Deaf and Hard of Hearing people as well as demonstrating equipment on an outreach basis in the community
- Sign post other agencies that may be beneficial to the service user, such as the Sensory Impairment Team
- Monitor the number of visits carried out and feedback to the Hear to Help Project Coordinator
- Meet with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers to discuss the project and suggest any improvements.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people, particularly older people
- Friendly, reliable and approachable manner
- Ability to listen to questions and to answer appropriately
- Happy to work with a wide range of people
You will need to be able to travel local to different places, whether by car of public transport. Expenses will be reimbursed, according to the Action on Hearing Loss travel and subsistence policy
What will you gain by becoming a volunteer for us?
- Training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting people who are deaf, have a hearing loss or tinnitus
- Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other volunteers
- Fulfillment – knowing that the information you provide will make a real difference to those who receive it, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
- Expenses – all expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed, according to our Expenses policy
- Opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss.
Please complete the online application form.