Befriending groups will be held in and around the borough of Hackney.
We are looking for volunteers with a minimum of 2-3 hours each month to spare to support their local Hear to Meet. You could make a real difference to the life of an adult who may have become isolated by their hearing loss.
The length of each information session can vary, from a few hours, to a full day. This role is currently available Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:00. The level of commitment depends entirely on the volunteer.
- to support the project co-ordinator in promoting the Hear to Meet groups in the local area
- to organise and co-ordinate regular get-togethers
- to liaise with the project co-ordinator to organise transport for those who need it
- to give information to Hear to Meet members on local services for people with hearing loss
- monitor the number of attendees to the groups and feedback to the project co-ordinator
Volunteers are needed to help promote the group, involve guests in conversation, support guests in travelling to the group and serve refreshments. If you enjoy meeting new people and could support adults who are losing their hearing, we will provide full training, advice and support in the running of your Hear to Meet. No formal qualifications are required, just a friendly face and good organisational skills.
You will need to be able to travel locally by car or public transport. Expenses will be reimbursed, according to the Action on Hearing Loss Travel and Subsistence Policy.
To apply for this rol please complete our online application form. If you would like to have a chat about this role you can call 01273 840960/18002 01273 840960.