Online Today is the new project helping people with hearing loss to get online
As a Digital Champion you will work with the Action on Hearing Loss Digital Skills Officer to support the Project, with the ultimate aim of helping people who are deaf or have hearing loss access and use digital technology that could improve their daily lives.
As a Digital Champion you will:
- Assist with the delivery of taster technology awareness sessions, to give deaf or hard of hearing people the skills and confidence to take advantage of the benefits of being online.
- Promote the work of the Digital Skills Officer and raise awareness of the Online Today project.
- Attend/participate remotely in meetings and events as part of the Online Today Project.
- Use personal insights to provide advice that may be useful for other people, e.g. about smartphones and particular apps you have found to be accessible.
We are looking for volunteers who have:
- An interest in internet capable technology and how it can benefit people who have are either deaf of have a hearing loss.
- Understanding of online services such as email, social networking and online shopping.
- An ability to work with a wide range of people, including those with a resistance to new technology.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people.
- A friendly, reliable and approachable manner.
- An ability to listen to questions and to answer appropriately.
We welcome all volunteers, provide full training and reimburse out of pocket expenses in accordance with Action on Hearing Loss guidelines.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Action on Hearing Loss. If you'd like to apply for this role please complete the online application form.
For more information please contact the Volunteering Team
Telephone: 02920 333034 or 07908 226748 (call or sms)
Post: Volunteering, Action on Hearing Loss Cymru, Anchor Court, Keen Road, Cardiff, CF24 5JW