Collections will be held at the following London Underground stations:
- Farringdon – Wednesday 6 December
- Highbury and Islington – Friday 8 December
- St Paul’s – Monday 11 December
- Whitechapel – Wednesday 13 December
Help us raise vital funds for our work by encouraging passers-by to donate any loose change they have to our cause through this bucket collection at various London Underground stations. By taking part you'll be showing your support for the 11 million people living with hearing loss, deafness and tinnitus in the UK. If you've got just a couple of hours free why not come along, help make a difference and do something good.
- Lots of enthusiasm
- Big smiles
- A desire to make a difference
Please note that this opportunity involves standing for the duration of the event.
You may need to be able to travel locally to different places if you would like to extend your volunteering, whether by car or public transport. Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed, according to the Action on Hearing Loss Travel and Subsistence Policy.
Support and supervision
You’ll receive support on the day from our wonderful staff who always want to make the experience as enjoyable as possible.
In a recent survey, 90% of our volunteers said they would recommend Action on Hearing Loss as a good place to volunteer.
Here’s what our volunteers say!
“I enjoy meeting people and helping them with their queries. Hearing loss can cause frustration and isolation, leading to loss of confidence. If I’m able to improve someone’s quality of life by sharing information or raising awareness of how others can help, then that’s very satisfying.” RB
You’ll receive the following benefits when you volunteer for Action on Hearing Loss:
• Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers
• Fulfilment– knowing that the time you provide will make a real difference to the people we support, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
• Expenses – all reasonable expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy
Ready to apply for this role? Excellent!
Please complete our online application form or, if you are interested and would like an informal chat, please get in touch with us. We would be delighted to hear from you.
Call: 01273 840960