The level of commitment depends on the individual volunteer.
- Photocopying materials
- Assembling training packs
- Assisting with sending mailshots
- Entering data onto spreadsheets
- Sending letters and other documentation to clients and volunteers
- Reception Tasks/ Welcome and taking messages
- Assisting with setting up rooms for training
- Any other admin tasks necessary to support the project
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people
- A genuine interest in working for the charity
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Friendly, reliable and approachable manner
- Happy to work with a wide range of people
- Administrative experience
- PC skills including the use of Microsoft Office suite
Support and supervision
Regular support will be given by your Volunteer Coordinator, especially in the early stages of your role as you settle in. You will also receive informal support from other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers as you work together.
Action on Hearing Loss NI offers full, on-going training for all volunteers including a one-day induction programme and further training specific to the volunteering role.
- Training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people;
- Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers;
- Fulfilment – knowing that the information you provide will make a real difference to those who receive it, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole;
- Expenses – all expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed, according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy;
- Opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss.
Thank you for showing an interest in volunteering with Action on Hearing Loss. If you are interested in becoming an Administration Volunteer, please complete our online application form.
If you would like more information please contact:
Regional Volunteer Manager
Action on Hearing Loss NI
4 – 8 Adelaide Street
Tel/text: 028 90239619
Fax: 028 90312032