Newbridge Hill, Bath
A regular and on-going commitment at times and days to be to be agreed before staritng the volunteering role.
Activities with individuals or groups supported at Action on Hearing Loss, Newbridge Hill, Bath. For example:
- Supporting a person at their café work placement, including assisting them to make cakes, soups etc.
- Gardening with the people supported by Newbridge Hill.
- Playing snooker at a local Snooker Club with one of the people supported.
- Going to events with people from Newbridge Hill; such as the flag parade, rabbit parade etc.
- Going to the cinema with an individual or a group.
- To operate within the person centred planning ethos of the Newbridge Hill home which encourages individual choices for personal development, lifestyle, social and educational skills.
- Awareness and knowledge of diversity and human rights.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Preferably, at least Level 1 British Sign Language skills and knowledge or experience.
- A positive and flexible approach to working with people.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about issues facing people who are deaf or hard of hearing and people who have learning difficulties and/or mental health support needs.
- To be reliable, trustworthy and honest.
Your own transport is not necessary
Support and supervision
Regular support will be given by your supervisor especially in the early stages of your role as you settle in..
Action on Hearing Loss offers on-going training for volunteers including a one-day induction programme and further training specific to the volunteering role.
- Learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people;
- Experience – meeting new people in different situations, including other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers;
- Fulfilment – knowing that the support you provide will make a real difference to those who receive it
- Expenses – reasonable expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed, according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy;
- Opportunity to try other volunteering roles within Action on Hearing Loss.
You will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service check as your role will include working with vulnerable adults.
Thanks for taking the time to read these details. Ready to apply for this role? Excellent! Please complete our online application form or if you are interested and would like an informal chat please get in touch with us we would be delighted to hear from you.