Volunteers help us in all areas of our work: we simply couldn’t do what we do without them.
That’s why we set up an annual awards scheme. Every year we recognise our volunteers’ outstanding dedication and commitment – and we get to celebrate the massive difference they make to the lives of people across the UK.
Now in its eighth year, the scheme continues to highlight exceptionally inspiring people and teams. Whether they’re providing invaluable services in the community and in people’s homes, providing expert advice on our biomedical research panels, campaigning for subtitling or against service cuts – or shaking collecting tins and running huge events to raise money – our volunteers are an essential part of the work that we do.
• People’s Champion – our award for empathy in action – for the volunteer who really focuses on the needs of the people they support
• Passion in Action – for the volunteer who’s brimming over with positive energy and is ambitious to achieve the most for the people we help
• Perfect Partners – our team award for collaboration in action – this will go to the group of people who have worked together in an enabling and empowering way
• National Fundraiser of the Year – for the volunteer who inspires people to support us by finding new ways to do things, and encourages others to get involved by their sheer positivity.
Winners of each award will be selected for: South East – England, South West – England, North – England, Central/Midlands – England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
Nominations are accepted from staff, volunteers and people who use Action on Hearing Loss services.
Click here to read about the inspirational achievements of last year’s winners.
Volunteer Awards 2018
• Look out for our Winners announcement in June!
• Our National Awards ceremony will take place in London during Volunteers’ Week, 1-7 June – the annual celebration of the fantastic contribution millions of volunteers make throughout the UK .
Find out moreIf you’re interested in volunteering with Action on Hearing Loss, and would like to find out about opportunities in your area, please visit our Volunteer Opportunities page.
If you’ve got any questions, or would like to find out more about the Volunteer Awards 2018, please contact Sara Peskett, Volunteer Engagement Manager, on 01273 840963 or by email: email@example.com