It’s easy to create a customised system in two simple steps, Firstly, choose one or more transmitter(s): doorbell, phone, baby monitor and/or smoke alarm. Then, decide how to be alerted – by extra-loud alarm, high-intensity flashing light or powerful vibrations. There’s a receiver to suit all hearing needs and lifestyles. For people with profound hearing loss, a vibrating pad is recommended for overnight use. In order for the Bellman system to work, at least one transmitter and one receiver are required.
These are our top 10 reasons for choosing the Bellman Visit alerting system:
1. Bellman is saferPeople with hearing loss use Bellman Visit because it’s an all-in-one solution. The alternative is carrying up to four different vibrating/flashing receivers around the home – for the smoke alarm, phone, doorbell and baby monitor. The one used least is the smoke alarm, which is why it’s the one most likely to be left in a drawer. The Bellman system has just one receiver that provides alerts to everything. It’s safer as it’s much more likely to be used all the time.
2. Endorsed by Action on Hearing LossAs the UK’s largest charity for people living with deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss, we understand the issues they face every day. We recommend Bellman Visit because it isn’t a stand-alone system, operating in isolation. It’s a simple, smart system that works seamlessly together. Bellman Visit was borne out of years of helping people with hearing loss, so you can be sure you’re providing a solution that really works.
3. Proven track recordBellman Visit has a proven track record. We sell thousands of units every year so you can be confident of getting a tried and tested product.
4. Maximum efficiencySome people may already be using the Bellman system for their phone and doorbell, so you would only need to supply the smoke alarm. Even if you’re building the system from scratch, wouldn’t you want to provide something you can add to as and when required? It means you’re providing a solution with maximum efficiency.
5. Performance and reliabilityThe last thing you want is complaints, repairs and refits. With the Bellman system you get proven reliability, a 28-day money-back guarantee and two-year warranty. The receiver has a rechargeable back-up battery (over 100 hours). This provides security in a power cut and means the receiver doesn’t need to be near a plug socket. In the BS-compliant pack, the receiver sends a signal to the transmitter every five minutes to check the transmitter is still working. If the signal is lost the receiver will immediately send an alert.
6. Easy to install and useThe Bellman Visit system is incredibly simple to set up and use. It doesn’t rely on wifi, so there's no hassle with router configurations or worry over phone bills. No special tools or knowledge are needed to fit the system and the receiver is easy to understand and operate.
7. Unrivalled experience, support and expertiseBellman and Action on Hearing Loss are two of the most experienced and trusted organisations in the industry. Your dedicated Account Manager will provide ongoing support and advice. Plus, a representative can visit you, if required, to talk through and demonstrate the system.
8. Designed to prevent false alarmsA button can be pressed to temporarily reduce the sensitivity of the system. This is ideal for situations such as burnt toast, where there’s no danger and you don’t want the system to be triggered unnecessarily. After 20 minutes, the transmitter will automatically revert to its normal sensitivity.
9. Practical and hassle-freeWhen someone with a hearing loss goes to bed, they want to be alerted to the alarm clock, smoke alarm and phone, perhaps the front door or baby monitor too. Stand-alone systems require three or four separate vibrating pads under the pillow at night – not very comfortable! And who wants three or four receivers next to the bed when there’s one Bellman receiver available for everything? Bellman Visit is popular because it’s practical and hassle-free.
10. Powerful operating rangeWith a range of 250 metres, Bellman Visit can be used in large houses with thick walls and long gardens, so there’s safe coverage for everyone.
Find out more
For full details about the Bellman Visit alerting system, visit our webshop or contact our expert Customer Services team who can advise on the best home alerting options for your clients, patients or customers:
Telephone 03330 144 525
Textphone 03330 144 530
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm.
We’re the only UK charity with a full range of products for people living with deafness, hearing loss and tinnitus, so we’re the ideal source of impartial advice. And every purchase means that you’re helping fund research to cure hearing loss within a generation.