Action on Hearing Loss Logo
    Total results:
      Total results:

      Discounted travel

      If you're registered deaf or use hearing aids, you and your travelling companion could get a third off rail travel. You may also be eligible for free or discounted travel on local public transport.

      You may be entitled to free or discounted travel on local public transport, depending on your level of hearing loss and how it affects you day-to-day life. Contact your local council for advice and information about how to apply.

      What about discounted rail travel?

      You may also qualify for a Disabled Person's Railcard if you live in England, Scotland or Wales and are registered deaf or use hearing aids. A one-year card costs £20, but you'll get one third off most adult rail fares at any time of the day for travel on the National Rail network in Great Britain.

      If you're travelling with another adult they'll also get one third off their rail fare, so you can save money for a friend or family member too.

      To find out more and to apply online, visit the Disabled Persons Railcard website

      Discounted travel in Scotland

      In Scotland, anyone aged 60 or over, and many people who are disabled, can travel free on local buses and some coach services with a National Entitlement Card (NEC).

      To find out more see the NEC website. To apply for an NEC, contact your local council.