How can Jobcentre Plus help me?
If you're unemployed and are looking for work, Jobcentre Plus can help you to:
- find work
- access local training courses and work experience schemes that can help you to find a long-term job.
You may also be entitled to Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA), financial help while you look for work.
If you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland you may also be able to access specialist employment support from Action on Hearing Loss's employment services.
In Scotland, Moving on is an employment advice service for 16-25 year olds who are deaf or have hearing loss. Whether you're leaving school and looking for work or going to college or university, we can offer support.
Find out more information about our services if you are deaf or have hearing loss in Scotland.
In Wales, our Communication services team has an extensive list of qualified Language Service Professionals (LSPs), who can help you when you are looking for work. They include:
- sign language interpreters
- electronic notetakers
- speech to text reporters.
Find out more information about our services if you are deaf or have hearing loss in Wales.
The Workable (NI) programme, in Northern Ireland, helps you to find work, or remain in work. It includes:
- an individual development plan
- skills and vocational training
- working with you for six months after you find a job.