If you have sensory loss, we can help by providing suitable equipment and support. We will ask you questions to find out how sensory loss affects your day-to-day life, and together we will work out what support you need.
We can visit you at home during the week to carry out this assessment, or you can come along to our weekly drop-in service, which runs every 1st Monday of the month 2pm to 4pm.
We can then provide you with:
- information and guidance to help you overcome challenges
- equipment on loan to help you stay safe and independent
- mobility training to help you move around safely – for example, long cane training and routes for safe and independent travel
- daily living skills training.
The equipment we may be able to provide includes extra-loud and flashing-light doorbells, talking clocks and long canes. We can show you how this equipment works, and you can try it out at home or in our resource room.
Additional support at Redbridge Sensory Services Centre includes:
- a British Sign Language (BSL) drop-in service for help with reading letters and making phone calls – every Friday from 9.30am to 12.30pm
- BSL interpreters who can support people to access community services
- hearing aid support.
To find out more, please contact us:
Sensory manager: Marion Dodgson: Telephone: 020 8551 7700
Mobile text: 07918 640927
Textphone: 020 8551 7766
Fax: 020 8551 7755
Redbridge Sensory Service is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.