If you have sensory loss, we can help by providing suitable equipment and support. We will visit you at home and ask you questions to find out how sensory loss affects your day-to-day life, and together we will work out what support you need.
We can then provide you with:
- information and guidance to help you overcome challenges
- equipment on loan to help you stay safe and independent
- mobility training to help you move around safely – for example, long cane skills and routes for safe and independent travel
- daily living skills training
- information about other relevant services.
The equipment we may be able to provide includes extra-loud and flashing-light doorbells, talking clocks, and a range of sticks and canes. We can show you how this equipment works, and you can try it out at home.
With the help of volunteers, we also provide hearing aid support across the county through our Hear to Help drop-in service, as well as access to services and translation support for the Deaf community.
To find out more, please contact us:
Telephone: 01476 589513
Mobile text: 07710 155104
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm